The Wall Garden is ready to use. The frame has 5 trays, which are filled with perlite (included) and the irrigation is connected to the top tray (included) the tank is placed at the base and the pump and timer (included) are set to run as needed.
- STANDARD OPTION - Perlite/Coco - We supply this option unless advised.
- CLAY BALLS ONLY OPTION - Aquaponics option
Suits a range of vegetables, herbs and flowers and is custom made by our technicians.
Create Vertical gardens with Wallgarden. The householder or business can now have a vertical garden and get that lush green wall effect. This DIY friendly grow wall makes it easy to install and repotting is simple with its modular design. Often used in taverns restaurants and bars where our lighting systems can provide growth indoors or the actual modules are removed and taken out into the sunlight - ask our staff for more information.
Wallgarden is the lowest cost vertical garden system in Australia. The Wallgarden vertical garden has a patented design, requiring less water and maintenance and ensures your plants grow naturally better and thrive!
Usually in stock - when we run out we have to make this kit which can take 2 days usually, and up to a week in extreme cases - please contact us if urgent so we can advise you of any delay.
YOU WILL NEED TO ATTACH THE FRAME TO A WALL/FENCE OR SIMILAR OR IT WILL OVERBALANCE. (it is not freestanding - contact us if this is required)
You could also attach it to the ceiling of a patio as long as it keeps it from tipping forwards
We can customise a wall garden for you. Ask our staff about your requirements.
Product is bulky as it has a 1.8 meter upright and this will add to the freight cost.
Instructions for set up
- Find a location with plenty of sun if growing vegetables and herbs. Ornamental/shade loving plants can grow in indirect light as long as it is not dark, as plants will grow because of the light you give them.
- Setup frame and attach to fence or wall or vertically to the ceiling. The system is not freestanding. (call us if this is required) - Ensure it is safe and will not fall when the planters and wet media are added.
- Place the wall garden units on the frame and place the tank below them. Visually check that water will flow from the top planter, through each planter to the tank below.
- Add irrigation to the frame using the cable ties and connect the pump
- Fill the tank with water and test the water is flowing through the planters correctly.
- Plant out each planter with the bottom half white perlite and the top half brown coconut coir.
- If planting seedlings, wash soil off first. Then make a hole in the coconut coir, put the seedling in, and push the coconut coir around the roots. Make sure the seedling is watered well within 30 minutes as this will help with transplant shock.
- If planting seed, place the seeds into the coconut coir at around 10mm deep.
- If using CLAY BALLS (used in Aquaponics) you will need to start seeds seperately, and plant them into the system as seedlings, or buy seedlings initially.
- add the nutrients to the reservoir (not required with aquaponics)
- set timer
- STANDARD OPTION - Perlite/Coco - Set timer to switch on pump once for 15minutes every morning and mid-afternoon. Examine media to see if it is staying very wet, in this case eliminate one watering.
- CLAY BALLS ONLY OPTION - Aquaponics - Set timer to switch on pump once for 15 minutes out of every 2 hours when in the sun, and once every 3 hours when dark. Occasionally we may add an extra feed during very hot periods of sunlight.
- Young Plants may need shade if extremely hot - shade cloth can be draped over the unit to protect the plants if in lots of hot sun until they get established.
- Remember: if the plants don't look right - ask us and we can help. If the plants are dead you waited too long to call and we can only tell you what went wrong.