Author: Scott Andrew Date Posted:15 November 2017
COVID 19 UPDATE: we are open for business as normal.
We are being asked the same questions about opening and until we know exactly any changes we plan to stay open with the following requirements
- If visiting the store, please use the sanitizer at the front and rear door or use the toilets to wash your hands. Do not touch anything until you have done this.
- Maintain a 1.5 to 2meter distance between other people (staff and customers)
- if we warn you to move apart and you don't take it seriously you will be told to leave.
- Don't come to the store if you are sick
- place a phone or online order and we will ship it to you.
- Our staff are wearing masks and sanitising the counter, EFTPOS machine and other surfaces regularly.
- If everyone sanitises when coming in the surfaces should be safe.
- a sanitiser is available for use after touching the EFTPOS machine and handling cash. Please use it.
- Don't touch stuff you aren't going to buy or let us know so we can sanitise the product after you handle it.
WEB ORDERS: We are finding delays from suppliers, heavy days of web orders and slower than normal courier deliveries. If you can be patient, we are working to 100% to get the orders out - mostly just a day late, sometimes a day longer... we will try to keep you up to date.
SPECULATION ONLY: So what if the government commands all retail stores to close?
We should be able to do online ordering and phone orders as we always have...
We will do everything we can to provide you what you need.
Until it happens this is all speculation...
Our policy during this crisis is to ensure no one gets sick because of us.
We expect nothing less than 100% participation in our rules.
They are here so we can get through this healthy and reopen on the other side.
Our aim at The Hydrocentre, is to keep you smiling, and help you with whatever your hydroponics desires may be. If you’re unhappy with one of our products, let us know. We’re here to help you get the most out of your hydroponic systems and hydroponic kits.
We look forward to being a part of the Gold Coast hydroponics community for many years to come, and we welcome you to drop by our store!
Learn About Our Friendly Team
Scott grew up in a horticultural family, left the family nursery and has been running hydroponic shops since 1991. Apart from hydroponics and getting a kick out of happy customers, he is a dad with 2 teenagers (yep...), races Formula Vee and plays guitar and keyboards. A long time ago, Scott’s application to become a Qantas pilot was rejected. Lucky for us all!
Kyle is our Horticulturalist and hydroponics system master builder. He loves his animals and getting out and exploring the world. We love having him at The Hydrocentre, and think he’s one of the most genuine people you’ll ever come across!
Zane joined us in 2019 and is an avid gardener, loves Hydroponics and helping people. Zane has a quick wit and likes to keep up the humour. When he isn't here he's with his family and has a young daughter that is training her Dad to do exactly what she wants! Zane is the type of guy who always has your back.
Our Pricing Policy
We’ll match any of our local competitor’s prices!*
*On same items, and except where it goes below our cost price e.g. other stores closing down / clearance sales.
Normal Opening hours (other hours by appointment)
- Labour Day 6th May 2019 (On the Queensland Labour day)
- Monday 7th October 2019 - Queens Birthday in QLD - Labour day in NSW.
- Gold Coast Show day –August 2020 - check this webpage closer to the date
For More Information Drop by Our Gold Coast Store or Contact Us
For more information on all of our hydroponics services, contact our friendly team or drop by our Gold Coast store! We hope to see you around sometime.