Author: Scott Andrew Date Posted:15 November 2017
COVID 19 UPDATE: we are open for business as normal.
We plan to stay open with the following requirements
- If visiting the store, please use the sanitizer at the front and rear door or use the toilets to wash your hands. Do not touch anything until you have done this.
- Maintain a 1.5 to 2meter distance between other people (staff and customers)
- if we warn you to move apart and you don't take it seriously you will be told to leave.
- Don't come to the store if you are sick - place a phone or online order and we will ship it to you.
- Our staff are sanitising the counter, EFTPOS machine and other surfaces regularly.
- If everyone sanitises when coming in the surfaces should be safe.
- a sanitiser is available for use after touching the EFTPOS machine and handling cash. Please use it.
- Don't touch stuff you aren't going to buy or let us know so we can sanitise the product after you handle it.
- We can get light or heavy days of web orders and we are still achieving about 90% turnover within 4 working hours.
- Some items are backorder and waiting to come in, you will get an ETA if available, and an offer to refund or wait.
- Some Couriers are taking longer to deliver in some areas. We try to avoid Australia Post because of this, and mostly we still get things to you quickly.
Our policy during this crisis is to ensure no one gets sick because of us.
They are here so we can get through this healthy and be open on the other side.
Our aim at The Hydrocentre, is to keep you smiling, and help you with whatever your hydroponics desires may be. If you’re unhappy with one of our products, let us know. We’re here to help you get the most out of your hydroponic systems and hydroponic kits.
We look forward to being a part of the Gold Coast hydroponics community for many years to come, and we welcome you to drop by our store!
Learn About Our Friendly Team
Scott grew up in a horticultural family, left the family nursery and has been running hydroponic shops since 1991. Apart from hydroponics and getting a kick out of happy customers, he is a dad with 2 teenagers (yep...), races Formula Vee and plays guitar and keyboards. A long time ago, Scott was learning to fly planes. Scott’s application to become a Qantas pilot was rejected. Lucky for us all!
Kyle is our Horticulturalist and hydroponics system master builder. He loves his animals and getting out and exploring the world. We love having him at The Hydrocentre, and think he’s one of the most genuine people you’ll ever come across!
Zane joined us in 2019 and is an avid gardener, loves Hydroponics and helping people. Zane has a quick wit and likes to keep up the humour. When he isn't here he's with his family and has a young daughter that is training her Dad to do exactly what she wants! Zane is the type of guy who always has your back.
Jaden joined us in the early COVID 2020 when the sales spiked. He loves gardening at home, as well as gaming and taking good care of his girlfriend. A young guy, great with our tech needs, has the biggest smile here and is genuinely happy to meet people and help them out. He'll always do more for you than you ask.
Ony started in 2021 with experience in retail and online businesses. She loves her kids and shames us all with her physical fitness. Surprisingly quick to pick up what we do here, she's been great in making everything we do that much better and easier. She likes to deal with people and we're really lucky to have found her.
Our Pricing Policy
We’ll match any of our local competitor’s prices!*
*On same items, and except where it goes below our cost price e.g. other stores closing down / clearance sales.
Normal Opening hours (other hours by appointment)
We are CLOSED on Public Holidays
- Labour Day 4th May 2020 (On the Queensland Labour day)
- Monday 7th October 2019 - Queens Birthday in QLD - Labour day in NSW.
- Ekka/Gold Coast Show day –14th August 2020
For More Information Drop by Our Gold Coast Store or Contact Us
For more information on all of our hydroponics services, contact our friendly team or drop by our Gold Coast store! We hope to see you around sometime.