Root pruning pot 15L Rocket pots
air prune roots for root mass
Make 4 interest-free payments of $3.00 fortnightly and receive your order now.Sold Out - Backorder Available
Why Use Air Pruning pots? Well air pruning pots have many advantages
- Excellent drainage - more difficult to overwater
- Larger root mass - while roots grow arond and around in a plastic or ceramic pot, the air at the edge of the fabric causes a root tip to dry out, and die off. Just like pruning the top of the plants, the roots will branch into many smaller roots because of "air-pruning". The mass is larger and made of more smaller more effective roots.
- Higher oxygenation to the roots
- Easy to store when not in use
- encourages aerobic bacteria/microbes
- Evaporation may reduce root zone temperatures (its a plus/negative sort of thing as the pot will dry out more)
Its definitely worth running a side by side comparison. The only negative is
- due to evaporation around the outside of the pot, these pots may need to be watered more often than a solid sided pot of the same size.
- If you can't water more than you do already, going up one size of pot is a solution or leaving the pot in a saucer/bucket that allows the base to be in contact with some solution to suck up as it dries out.
- 21 Ltr
- 28 Ltr
- 50 Ltr
- 113 Ltr
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hydrocentre Hydroponics users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.