Fabric pot 30Ltr wire rim- like Geopots but with a wire rim to hold them in shape - 300gsm
Fabric pots have many advantages
Make 4 interest-free payments of $3.62 fortnightly and receive your order now.In Stock
Why Use Fabric pots? Well fabric pots have many advantages
- Excellent drainage - more difficult to overwater
- Larger root mass - while roots grow arond and around in a plastic or ceramic pot, the air at the edge of the fabric causes a root tip to dry out, and die off. Just like pruning the top of the plants, the roots will branch into many smaller roots because of "air-pruning". The mass is larger and made of more smaller more effective roots.
- Higher oxygenation to the roots
- Easy to store
- encourages aerobic bacteria/microbes
- Evaporation may reduce root zone temperatures (its a plus/negative sort of thing as the pot will dry out more)
Its definitely worth running a side by side comparison. The only negative is
- the same amount of media in a plastic pot will usually hold more water. So having more media by increasing the size of the pot may be best for fabric pot growers.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hydrocentre Hydroponics users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.